Harling Bassukarno (born 6 November 1984) is a generation of Indonesian Modern Artists known as painters and muralists with the “Surrealism Decorative Modern” style with the concept of dimension penetrating colors, which combines three painting style concepts, namely surrealism, decorative and abstract. He made these three concepts into one masterpiece, which made him known as the Millennial Generation of Modern Indonesian Artists, besides paintings and murals, he also develops his idealism into techno music.
Images and figurations that have been mixed with cultural history with contemporary colors, make his work form a social critique of resistance to maintain an idea of the concept of cultural modernization to blend with the side of modern culture.
Harling Bassukarno was born in Randudongkal district, Pemalang Regency, Central Java on November 6, 1984.
In 2005 he won his first exhibition when he was still in grade 2 high school in the randudongkal area by participating in artists in the randudongkal area, Pemalang, Pekalongan whose age was much different from his age at that time.
In 2007 he began to develop his career in Jakarta, until in 2010 he began to discover the idealistic character of his own work in the “Surrealism Decorative Modern” style.
In 2016 Harling Bassukarno appreciated his own paintings through mural media with the name Harling Mural Art by taking his own first name, namely “Harling” and then combined with the name “Mural Art” which aims to distinguish between his canvases and walled paintings and the media. another with the name Harling Mural Art
Harling Bassukarno in 2020 he began to integrate his idealism into techno music with the concept of combining ethnic music with modern techno music.
* Painting exhibition “Remembering Bung Karno” in 2005 in Pekalongan, Central Java.
* Painting exhibition “Tiga Kota” in 2006 in the area of Randudongkal, Pemalang.
* Painting exhibition “Harmony in Color” in 2010 in Grand Indonesia, Jakarta.
* International Virtual Group Exhibition Oyster Art Gallery “ART FOR ART” Large Collection of 170 Professional Artists from around the world including 6 Continents 65 Countries and 155+ Cities On Thursday 10th September 2020 in Pakistan.
* Participation “BELLAS ARTES” Humanitarian gathering through arts and culture through visual artists, stage arts, literary arts and music arts from 44 countries called to respect life and humanity through artistic creativity, in Ecuador 30 October 2020.